CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
COMMONWEALTH SPLIT-SITE DOCTORAL SCHOLARSHIPS
The National Research Foundation (NRF) is a Nominating Agency for South African citizens seeking to apply for 2010Commonwealth Split-Site Doctoral Scholarships.
Key features of the Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarships:
• The scholarships support attendance at a United Kingdom (UK) university or institutionfor one (1) year, under the joint supervision of the South African-based and UK supervisors.
• Applicants should be registered for a doctoral degree at a South African Higher Education Institution(HEI). The final qualification obtained will be from the South African HEI and not the UK university.
• The twelve (12) months in the UK can be taken at any stage of the doctoral study periodproviding this is justified in the study plan. Note that the time spent in the UK can be divided into two periods.
• The scholarships cover:
o Full tuition fees for one (1) year at the UKhost university;
o Stipend for up to one year in the UK;
o Return Airfare; and
o Other allowances.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission has introduced anElectronic Application System for 2010 applications and the NRF will process the nominations electronically. All applications, referee reports, certified copies of academic transcripts and other supportingdocumentation must be submitted online.
Please read through the guide for split-site applications and scholarship prospectus before commencing with the application.
Guidelines and additionalinformation can be found on the following links:
1. Scholarship Prospectus http://www.cscuk.org.uk/docs/ScholarshipsProspectus2010_001.pdf
2. Selection Criteria:http://www.cscuk.org.uk/docs/SelectionCriteriaforDFIDScholarships2010.pdf
3. Guide for Split-Site Scholarship Applications: http://www.cscuk.org.uk/docs/split_site4.pdf
Steps to submit an on line-application:
1. Go to the...