The counterfeiting is the fact of reproduce or imitate something without having the right to do it, or by persuading people that the product is authentic. Withthe globalization, exchanges increased constantly between countries since the 60’. We estimate between 5 and 9 % the part of the business of counterfeit products in the world trade. The annualturnover of counterfeiting is estimated at 500 billion $.
There are approximately 60 counterfeiter countries. 70 % of these products come from Asia and 30 % from Mediterranean countries.
-Thailand: textile, leather good, watch-making, medicine…
- China: CD, software, shoes, fragrance, alcohol…
- Korea: All type of product
- Taiwan: All type of product
- Italy:textile, brass, watch-making, shoes, edition, electronic, domestic electrical goods…
- Spain: toys, fragrance, leather good, textile, jewellery…
- Turkey: textile, machines, fragrance, medicine,cosmetic…
- Morocco: leather and textile.
We are going to explain to you the causes, the consequences and the solutions about the counterfeiting.
Main causes are:
- First, technicaladvancements contribute to the growth of this economical problem, because it’s easier and easier for the counterfeiter to copy thanks to new technologies and for cheap
- Secondly, workforce ischeaper in poor countries than in developed countries.
- Third, now it’s easy to transport products. In fact, the transport by container increased the world trade, but increased the counterfeiting toobecause it’s difficult to detect what there is in a steel container with actual detectors.
- Then, the counterfeiting is often bound to criminal activities as the drug trafficking, the moneylaundering or the terrorism.
- Finally, fake products can be distributed by internet. We can find these products on auction sales websites and certain people propose without hiding it fake items....