Week 5 has been designated as a reading week for Brand Management ONLY, in addition to which there is a compulsory group activity to complete.Reading/Research
By this point in this module you should have access to a copy of one of the essential texts. In addition you should also allocate some time to undertaking background research in the libraryand on the Internet, focussing on academic articles and texts relating to brand strategies. You should use your lecture slides as a basis on which to progress onto additional reading and research intothis topic. You will be rewarded in your final assignment for using brand strategies in addition to those flagged in the lectures which you feel are particularly appropriate to the case study set(Paul Smith).
ACTIVITY TO BE PREPARED DURING WEEK 5 FOR PRESENTATION IN TUTORIALS IN WEEK 6
TOPIC; LUXURY BRAND STRATEGY
In addition to the above reading you will need to completethe following tasks:
1. Working in groups of 4-6 people (from the same tutorial group), you are required to prepare a short presentation on the following topic;
LUXURY BRAND STRATEGY;With ever increasing brand portfolios and complex brand architecture, some of the most well know luxury global brands have increasingly complex approaches to brand strategy and management. For thepurposes of your presentation you are required to address the following areas;
• Select one luxury brand – any sector i.e. cars, holidays, food products but not Louis Vuitton!
• Evaluateits approach to brand strategy. Use at least 3 models from the lecture programme
• Make recommendations as to how the brand could be managed in the future.
2. The presentations will bemade in Week 6, within your respective tutorial groups. Week commencing 3rd November.
3. PowerPoint facilities are available for those tutorial groups using rooms located in Brindley building....