Marine : « Allo, who is speaking? Sorry! I didn’t recognize you. Yes I’m fine just a little bit tired, what about you ? Uh! I have to leave you I think its Alissar who is knocking at thedoor!
Marine: “Hey! What have u been doin today ?
Alissar : Oh, actually, nothing really interesting…Oh yes, I saw a friend of mine I havent seen for a long long time…I was so glad ! But, during ourdiscussion, he told me that he saw a tv show yesterday about gay marriage and he couldn’t understand why some people are against….I was quite upset about his reaction and we had a stormy debate!Marine : A debate ? Uh ! Why ? You havent had the same points of view ?? Why cant the gays get married ???
Ton premier argument sera religieux genre :” Le mariage homosexuel d’un point de vue religieuxest complètement contestable blabla »
Bon je mets l’ordre d’apparition des arguments et on les arrange à notre sauce! Je propose qu’on se fasse une petite conversation téléphonique pour se mettreau point genre samedi ou dimanche soir :
1. Marine : Denying them is a violation of religious freedom (civil and religious marriages are two separate institutions).
1. Alissar:” Mostreligions consider homosexuality a sin.
2. It would weaken the definition and respect for the institution of marriage.
2. Marine: (Come on) Homosexuality is an accepted lifestyle nowadays withmost evidence strongly supporting biological causation.
3. Denying these marriages is a form of minority discrimination.
4. It doesn't hurt society or anyone in particular.
3. Alissar:It would further weaken the traditional family values essential to our society.
4. It could provide a slippery slope in the legality of marriage (e.g. having multiple wives or marrying an objectcould be next).
5. Marine: The only thing that should matter in marriage is love.
6. The number of child adoptions should increase since gay couples cannot pro-create (although some...