I) The characters :
1) The family Park: They live in Seoul in South Korea.
- Nam-il: It’s the uncle of the young Hyun-seo. He is a young graduate in the unemployment.
-Nam-joo: She’s the aunt from Hyun-seo. She does archery. She became the bronze medal on a competition.
- Hyun-seo: She’s the daughter from Gang-du. She was removed by the monster. She was holdin the sewers of the city.
- Hie-long: He is the grandfather of Hyun-seo. He is the owner of a little snack on the bank of the Han.
- Gang-du: It’s the oldest of the family. He is the son ofHie-long and the father of Hyun-seo. He has a mentally ill. The father explains it by a lack of protein during his childhood and that have damaged his brain. It is also the reasons of its slumbers.2) The character of Gand-du is touching because during the entire movie he hopes to find his child when all said that she’s dead.
3) On one side this family is very united when they all goin the sewers of the city to save Hyun-seo from the monster. We can see a real solidarity when they are on the front of the monster, when they all fight the aquatic creature. The best example is atthe end of the movie when all the family killed him with the fire.
Indeed Nam-il throws Molotov cocktail on the monster but he fail he throw it at his back. A friend of him go upper the monster onthe stairs which is situated under the bridge and lapse unleaded Am gas into the monster. Nam-il wants to light it but the last Molotov cocktail that he have break when he throws it. Nam-joo cOn another side this family is not really united. It is showed to example when Nam-il and Nam-joo go their separate way in the sewers.
II) The monster:
1) The first reaction of the peoplewhen they have seen the creature is surprising. At the beginning on the bank people see something strange hanging under the bridge. They first believe that it is a working plant but they see rapidly...