Through his writings and actions, Luther created a movement that reestablished some principles of the Christian belief and that resulted into the formation of different Christian theologicalsystems.
* You are justified by Faith
For the Lutheran tradition, the doctrine of salvation by grace alone through faith alone for Christ's sake alone is the materialprinciple upon which all other teachings rest.
* Relationship between Law and Gospel
The "proper distinction" between Law and Gospel. He believed that this principle of interpretation was anessential starting point in the study of the scriptures.
* Priesthood of all believers
Luther developed the notion of all believers being "part of one body" as a means to claim the priesthood of allbelievers.
* The Two Kingdoms
Martin Luther's doctrine of the two kingdoms (or two reigns) of God teaches that God is the ruler of the whole world and that he rules in two ways.
He rules theearthly or left-hand kingdom through secular government, by means of law (i.e., the sword or force) and in the heavenly or righthand kingdom (his spiritual kingdom, that is, Christians and the Church)through the gospel or grace.
Mainly because of his writing the 95 theses where he demands that churches end indulgences, a declaration of independence from Papal authority in Northern Europe wasinitiated, around which gathered many changes both religious and social.
- Calvin on the other hand divided church organization into four levels:
* Pastors: These were five men whoexercised authority over religious matters in Geneva;
* Teachers: This was a larger group whose job it was to teach doctrine to the population.
* Elders: The Elders were twelve men (after thetwelve Apostles) who were chosen by the municipal council; their job was to oversee everything that everybody did in the city.
Deacons: Modeled after the Seven in Acts 6-8, the deacons were...