EMPLOYEE REWARD SYSTEMS |
Contingent Pay - Pay Progression: Rewarding |
GUILLOTIN Delphine / BIHAN Benjamin |
A team reward is financial or non-financial reward provided to member of a defined team. Typically, rewards are shared in a fair way and in accordance with a published formula,among the members of the team.
Factors which affected team rewards:
Different factors have influence on team rewards.
Most approaches to team reward focus on small groups, taking the definitionof Katzenbach and Smith: a small number of people with complementary skills who are committed to a common purpose, performance goals and approach for which they hold themselves mutually accountable.They assert that: teams outperform individuals acting alone or in large organizational groupings, especially when performance requires multiple skills, judgments and experiences. There have also beensome team-based reward experiments with larger groups – arguably overlapping with territory normally covered by gain sharing and profit-related pay – and we refer to these below.
We can present here4 different types of teams:
* Process or work teams: full-time, permanent teams whose members together to carry out a process.
* Parallel teams: part-time teams that meet to solve a particularproblem and then disband or meet from time to time to deal with or monitor particular issues. They are often cross-functional.
* Project or time-based teams: full-time teams committed tocompleting a project within a given timescale and in which the membership may vary over time.
* Hybrid teams: teams may have both full- and part-time and rotating members.
About team effectiveness,four factors can have influence on the team performance, factors explain by Beckhard:
* Setting goals or priorities.
* How work is allocated (roles).
* The way the team is working (its...