• Use Gaspodin or Gaspazhah meaning Mr. or Mrs/Miss
2. Appointment : Rules
• Should be patient & persistent
•Schedule them in advance and avoid the summer
• Confirme your it several times
• Be Ponctual & Flexible with time (they will let you wait 1 or 2 Hours…)
• Business Hours from 9 :00am to 5 :00pm. Monday to Friday
• Could be in a restaurant “time for sealing a deal” around 6pm.
3. Dress code
• Pay attention at this point « They meet you depending on how youdress »
• Hate fake products
• Man: Suit + Tie; One for each meeting. Blue, Grey, Brown (Dark colors + white shirt only for special occasion).
• Woman: Long-sleeved blouse + Longshirt below knees ( Head covering if visiting Russian Orthodox church)
• Speak calm, moderate, and a little bit of Russian
• Do not use eye contact to often
•They are confident if they touch you during a meeting
• You could express yourself about : Changes taking places in Russia + Current events + World War II + Economic difficulties + Differentelements between your own country and Russia + Book + Film + you could speak about your children in order to build a relationship…Be careful
• Elements to avoid : Personal ones + to complimentthem…+ Complains about Russia + Holocaust + The Czar and Monarchy + ethnic minorities + Comparing Russia to developing countries…or Moscow to St Petersburg
5. Let’s make a deal : key points• Handshake. Eye contact during the introduction
• Bring your Business Cards. Great to have it in Russian (Cyrillic Text). Present it by showing the facing part
• Keep in mind thatdelays are inevitable
• Bring all the documents
• Hierarchical decisions: You should convince the Superior ( not a lot of woman). Focus on the key-decision-maker
• Meetings are...