The company Ebay has strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. The purpose of a SWOT analysis is taken into account in the strategy, internal and external factors, maximizing thepotential of strengths and opportunities, and minimizing the effects of weaknesses and threats.
- Ebay is the world’s largest online auction website. It is a giant marketplace used bymillions of people all over the world to buy and sell all things.
- The company uses the power of customer relationship management by collecting data of buyers and sellers registered with thecompany.
- Ebay has made a very powerful platform for both sellers and buyers by being seamless and invisible but at the same time facilitating Customer to Customer relationship.
- Ebaychose to diversify not only its products but also its market, by branching and localizing in countries like China etc.
- Ebay acquisition Paypal to support its online auction with a robustpayment method. Ebay has a mode of payment very secure.
- Ebay has a very bad job of controlling fake or illegal auctions. There are numerous auctions still out there whose mainpurpose is to scam the buyers or are illegal auctions.
- The sellers being able to enforce the payment method of their choice. Indeed, if the buyers choose a payment method like money, he is notprotecting from losing his money.
- Sellers charge prices for products and then they increase the price of shipping as much as twice the price of the product.
- service less convenientthan the flea markets (no relation buyers sellers)
- No area of expertise (knowledge of the value objects)
- popularity of second-hand market
- Possibleestablishment of franchises
- Changing attitudes favorable to the Internet, thus Ebay
- Ebay has always believed in diversifying in every possible way so using its diversifying techniques, Ebay...