To what extent is the Universal Declaration of Human Rights enforceable:
The case of the Rohingya
1) The video End to Rohingya plight draws closer made by Greg Torode and published in april the 14thin the South China Morning Post:
Page glissé entre la page 2 et 3: The rough copy I took from this video
Page 3 : Vocabularylist
Page 4 : The sum up of the important points in the video
2) Page 5 and 6 : Extract of a study made by K.C. Saha published in May 2004: “Learning from Rohingya Refugee Repatriation to Myanmar”
Page 7 : Vocabulary list
Page 8 : The sum up of the important points in the document
3)Page 9 and 10 : A part of the conclusion of the rapport made by the Irish Centre For Human Rights in 2010: Crime against humanity in western Burma: the situation of the Rohingya.
Page 10 : Vocabulary list
Page 11 : The sum up of theimportant points in the document
4) Page 12 : Key words, expressions and collocation usually find in about the theme of the documents
5) Page 13 : speciality's terminology
6) Page from 14 to 16: Answer to the problematic
Vocabulary list of the video
Tied and bound: expression which means to have both hands and feet tied.
- In French in the context: des hommes auxpieds et mains liés.
Tribe: noun A group of persons forming a community and claiming descent from a common ancestor. Definition from oxford English dictionary.
- In French in the context: la communauté des Rohingyas
Drastic: adjective which means vigorously effective, violent. Definition from oxford English dictionary.
- In French in the context: les myamars exerçent desactions drastiques sur les Rohingya.
Stand-off: attrib. phr., a. and n. In general use, any uneasy stalemate or deadlock; an impasse. Definition from oxford English dictionary.
- In French in the context: Ils aboutirent à une impasse.
Meaningful, adj: Full of meaning or expression, significant; communicating something that is not explicitly or directly expressed. Definitionfrom oxford English dictionary.
- In French in the context: plein de sens
Involved: ppl. a. Of persons, their actions, etc. Not straightforward (what we actually expected) and open; underhand, covert, crooked, reserved. Intricate, complicated. Definition from oxford English dictionary.
- In French in the context: ceux qui ont étè impliqués depuis plusieurs années...
Castthe drift: cast is a verb and drift is a noun. We can imagine that greg Torode means that Rohingya have been threw on the sea by the Myamars
- In French in the context: Ils ont étaient jetés a la mer sans compassion.
Account for: noun, it means be responsible for, represent something. Definition from the site wordreference.
- In French in the context: responsible de …Scale: in the sentence “on the scale” I am not sure of the definition because there were many I with difference meanings but I think it's a grading system, I guess that in this sentence I could be “il n'avait jamais vu de tels persécution a cette échelle”.
Plight: noun a condition, state, or situation, esp. an unfavorable or unfortunate. Definition from the site dictionary.reference.com- In French in the context: End to Rohingya plight draws closer: la fin de la détresse des Rohingya se dessine plus proche.
The sum up of the important points in the video
This analyse has been made by the reporter of the South China Morning Post, just after the Bali ministerial conference on people smuggling, trafficking in persons. First of all there is an explanation of the facts about...
Lire le document complet
Veuillez vous inscrire pour avoir accès au document.