We created the 2015' city of culture. To begin we will do a market study of the city we chose: Barcelona. We will do the SWOT analysis of his city but also the opportunities and the threats in order to know better this city. Barcelona has a huge heritage, a lot of culture and worldwide sports events. In this city, there are one of the most beautiful sites(Unesco), a lot of artists (Picasso, Gaudi) artworks and an exceptional site (on the seaside, Mediterranean climate...). Barcelona receives a lot of cultures, which are differents and dynamics. That’s why Barcelona is one of the most visited cities in the world. Famous thanks to the Barcelona’s night and to its heritage (Picasso and Gaudi), we can find in Barcelona a lot of museums and attractions(Tibidabo, aquarium…). Moreover, Barcelona has one of the biggest football club in the world: FC Barcelona with its huge stadium: the Camp Nou.
Then we will develop the strategy we decided to adopt. In this part, we will develop the general policy, also called the strategy. Strategy is all the elements we decided to realise in order to invent a city of Culture which will be a huge event.
Tofinish we will speak about the 4 Ps: promotion, price, product, and place. In this part we will explain the different reasons why we chose this city, how we will choose the price in order to realize our strategy. It is the same thing to promotion and place. To develop the 4 p is the possibility to explain our way to realize our strategy. To conclude, we can do some prevision for the future and speakabout how this work brings us some important marketing elements.
- Barcelona is a city which is already international because there is a lot of students and also because people of the entire world have chosen Barcelona to live (7, 9% of the population are not Spanish). According to lifestyle magazine Monocle, Barcelona occupies 15th place in the world on rankingWorld's most livable cities.
- Barcelona is a global city because of its importance in finance, commerce, media, entertainment, arts, international trade, education and tourism
- Barcelona is one of the city the most visited in the world (about 6 000000 tourists in one year). Barcelona is the 12th-most-visited city in the world and 4th most visited in the Europe (after London, Paris, Rome) also themost popular tourist attraction in Spain (about 5 million tourists every year).
- Barcelona’s strength is its politic. Since 1997, Barcelona made a municipal plan for the interculturalism. This plan is based on five points: equality, social cohesion, cultural diversity, citizen participation and secularism
- This is a city which is very accessible with one of Europe's principal Mediterraneanports, and Barcelona International Airport, which is the second largest in Spain. Moreover, Barcelona is served by a comprehensive local public transport network that includes a metro, a bus network, two separate modern tram networks, a separate historic tram line, and several funiculars and aerial cable cars.
- Barcelona is a bilingual city: people speak Catalan or Spanish.
-Oneof the weaknesses of Barcelona is the language. All of the informations are written in Catalan. This is a language spoken by people who live in Catalonia. Because of this language, people (also Spanish people) can have difficulties to be understood.
-Barcelona is a city where there is many pickpocket and of steal. It has a real problem of insecurity which spreads. The tourists but also theinhabitants are afraid of this evolution towards a more important crime.
-Barcelona is missing hotel. It’s a real problem because tourists who come in Barcelona has a lot of difficulty to find an accommodation. To be city of Culture, Barcelona will pull a lot of tourists, so that problem will be more important.
- Barcelona benefits of a nice climate all the year. Barcelona has a...