JOB ANALYSIS AND COMPETENCY MODEL
DEPUTY CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER POSITION
Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer is the top financial position in any organization. His or her role is to carry out the following tasks:
✓ Is Oversees all company accounting practices, including accounting departments, preparing budgets, financial reports, taxes and audit functions.
✓ Directsfinancial strategy, planning and forecasts; conferring with president, VP of sales and department heads.
✓ Supervises investment and raising of funds for business.
✓ Organization, Recruitment and Developpement of his staff
✓ Actual Result and Cost Management
✓ Forecasting, Budgeting and planning processes.
The Job Position
➢ You are responsible for all financial management and control/compliance activities of the operation.
➢ You will deliver timely actual results, forecasts, annual budgets and strategic plans.
➢ You will ensure optimal financing, tax planning and compliance.
➢ You are responsible for operational excellence and cost management in your organization.
➢ Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation,counseling, and recommendation for dismissal.
The Job Qualifications
A Chief Financial Officer requires extensive experience. Typical qualifications for CFO roles include:
- A minimum of 8, preferrably 10, years experience in a senior role
- Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications.
- A strong Leadershipand Conceptual Skills abilities
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
He or She must possess required knowledge skills,abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate with or without reasonnable accomodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed :
- Knowledge of modern management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of financial accounting, reporting,management, and financial forecasting methods.
- Knowledge of supervisory and managerial techniques and principles.
- Knowledge of budgeting methods and systems.
- Skill in coordinating various functions.
- Skill in managing the activities of personnel engaged in unit functions.
- Skill in developing and implementing plans to achieve set goals and objectives.
-Skill in establishing andmaintaining effective working relationships with the Director, Managers, and Chief Financial Officer, other Department Directors, other employees and the general public.
- Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations.
- Skill in collecting, analyzing and interpreting applicable research data.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with andcoordinate between multiple agency and governmental structures.
-Ability to develop, implement and administer goals, objectives and procedures for providing effective and efficient services for the company.
■ A minimum of 8, preferrably 10, years experience in a senior role:
he has to handle a staff, and then he must be able to have the qualifications necessary to do thejob: integrity, taking responsibility, manage etc……
■ Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or Business: he must have considerable knowledge of modern principles and best practices of budget and investment management, financial planning systems, and accounting principles and practices
■ A Conceptual Skills : Which allows him or her to create a long term vision for the organisation ,think strategically, set goals, help others support organizational change, be decisive and achieve goals.
■ Leadership Skills :, is important at least very important ; the ability to interact with people, identify barriers to listening, write effectively, reduce barriers to effective communication.
■ Communications Skills : If a manager is able to communicate their ideas clearly, so that...
Lire le document complet
Veuillez vous inscrire pour avoir accès au document.