1. Name the four main types of pollution :
- Air pollution.
- Pollution from sewage.
- Oil pollution.
- Drainage into rivers and oceans.
2. How does pollution affect rivers, oceans, and our ecosystem?
The water can be polluted by chemical and product leaks , which may cause the animals who live in the water to get sick .
Air pollution also has very negative effects on our atmosphere. There is a hole in our ozone due to pollution in the air. If this hole gets bigger we won’t be protected from the sunlight and it's heat.
1. What does recycling mean? Recycling means that we take products that have been used and turn them into something else to use again.
2. What is nature’s way of recycling?
When a plant dies, small organisms and bacteria in the soil can break it down and return it into the soil to be used by new plants. This process of decomposition is nature's way of recycling.
3. What happens to the products that we throw away?
When we recycle items like a juice bottle, our wastes don't get thrown into a landfill, but instead are re-used in other products.
1. How much solid trash does an American man produce each day? If your habits resemble those of average Americans, you generate about 4.6 pounds of solid trash per day. pounds = kilos (1pound = 0.5 kilos)
2. What is the problem ?
Americans are generating waste products faster than nature can break them down and using up resources faster than they can be replaced. If you think about solid waste, less than one-quarter of it is recycled. With a little forethought, we could reuse or recycle more than 70 percents of the landfilled waste. This would reduce the demand on virgin source of these materials and eliminate severe environmental, economic ,public and health problems.
3. What is the most promising solution ? R E C Y C L I N G
4. Give three ways of recycling :