Tesco is a global grocery and general merchandising retailer headquartered in Cheshunt, United Kingdom. It is the third-largest retailer in the world measured by revenues (afterWal-Mart and Carrefour) and the second-largest measured by profits (after Wal-Mart). It has stores in 14 countries across Asia, Europe and North America and it is the leader in the UK (where it has a marketshare of around 30%). It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
* 1919 -> Jack Cohen founded Tesco, when he began to sell surplusgroceries from a stall in the East End of London. His first day’s profit was £1 and sales £4
* 1929 -> Jack Cohen opens his first Tesco store in Burnt Oak, Edgware, North London
* 1956-> The first Tesco self-service supermarket opens in a converted cinema in Maldon
* 1968 -> The term ‘superstore’ is used when Tesco opens its store in Crawley, West Sussex
* 1974 ->Tesco opens its first petrol stations at major sites
* 1995 -> Tesco Clubcard is launched
* 1994 -> The first Tesco Express opens
* 1997 -> Terry Leahy becomes Chief Executive ofTesco
* 2000 -> Tesco.com is launched
* 2005 -> Tesco announces annual profits of £2 billion
* 2009 -> Clubcard re-launched in the UK with £150 million investment offering customersthe opportunity to double up their vouchers
The corporate mission: “Our core purpose is to create value for customers to earn their lifetime loyalty”
This is strong words used by Tesco. “Createvalue for customers”, can mean, do everything that can to your customers, even if it means to crush competition. “to earn their lifetime loyalty”, can be really useful to have better prices, products andservices, but at the same time they indirectly destroy several lives by forcing them to close.
Tesco’s values: Tesco is trying to satisfy their customers with many services and do everything in...
Lire le document complet
Veuillez vous inscrire pour avoir accès au document.