AT A GLANCE
VMware® Workstation is the gold standard in desktop virtualization, transforming the way technical professionals develop, test, demo and deploy software. Innovative features help developers, QA engineers, sales professionals and
IT administrators reduce hardware costs, manage risk and streamline tasks, saving time and improving productivity.
• Run multiple operating systems at the same time without rebooting.
• Evaluate and test new operating systems, applications and patches in an isolated environment.
• Facilitate fast, efficient testing of applications across a large number of configurations.
• Quickly debug applications on multiple platforms with developer tool integration.
• Easily revert your virtual machine to a prior, stable system state.
VMware Workstation 7
The Gold Standard in Desktop Virtualization
What is VMware Workstation?
From the creator of PC virtualization comes the most reliable, secure way to run multiple operating systems at the same time.
Winner of more than 50 industry awards, VMware Workstation is an integral component of any serious technical professional’s toolkit.
VMware Workstation provides the most dependable, highperforming, and secure virtual machine platform. It offers the broadest host and guest operating system support, the richest user experience, and the most comprehensive feature set.
How is VMware Workstation Used in the
VMware Workstation delivers the broadest guest platform support for running multiple operating systems at the same time on a PC. VMware Workstation supports over 200 operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and over 20 other versions of Windows along with Redhat, Ubuntu,
OpenSuse and 26 additional versions of Linux. And now VMware
Workstation can run VMware vSphere™ and VMware ESXi™ for testing or demonstration purposes right on your PC.
Following are the ways in which VMware