Business Performance Improvment
Quality : maximazining custumers satisfaction
I) Six Sigma (3,4 défaut sigma pour 1million)
Leaders must be committed on 2 levels
* They must company resources to help the six sigma initiative to succeed
* Must commit their time and energy to actively promote the initiative
Are you and your company ready?
* Does your company have a clearstrategic course?
* Are the people in your company ready and willing to accept and react to changes?
* How effectively does your company focus on meeting customer expectations? (is the company customers oriented or is the company production oriented ?)
* Are you ready to begin measuring the defect levels and yields for each service, product and process?
* Are you ready reducingdefect rates by at least 50 percent over time?
* Are you ready to begin looking at how much you spend in fixing mistake-the cost of poor quality?
* Are ready to reduce the cost of poor quality by 25% over time?
* Are you ready to reduce your process cycle times by 50% over time?
* Find out how well your people understand Six Sigma by asking them if they are familiarwith any of the following statistical tools :
* Check sheet : a list of check-off items for quick and easy collection of data in a simple, standardized format
* Histogram : a bar for displaying the frequency of data in subgroups or categories
* Brainstorming : a method for getting people to openly exchange ideas for specific problems or opportunities
* Processmapping : a graphical view of your process steps for a given situation, showing inputs and outputs and flow
* Pareto chart : a bar graph used to break down a problem into the relative contributions of its components, to identify the vital few elements on which you should focus
* Run chart : a chart that display any given measurement over a specific time sequence
*Cause and effects diagrams : a figure used to identify and classify causes of a given effect
* Roles of the executive leaders
* Decide to do Six Sigma and to publicly endorse it and promote it throughout the organization
* Need to actively display confidence in the people charged with making it work
* Must show integrity
* Should be modelsof patience
* Roles of the champions
* Senior-level manager who promotes the six sigma methodology throughout the company and especially in functional groups
* A champion should be a senior manager who
* Understands at least the basics about the tools and techniques used in six sigma
* Understand and supports six sigma
* Has directaccess to other senior managers
* Is responsible for the area that is the focus of the six sigma project
* Is able to remove barriers for the team and committed to doing so
* Champions are responsible for monitoring and managing each critical element in a six sigma project
* Champions select clack belt candidates : identify project areas, and establishclear and measurable goals for projects
* Champions are ultimately responsible for the six sigma project
* Champions should do whatever it takes to support the black belts
* The master black belt : expert in six sigma tools and tactics and valuable resource in terms of technical and historical expertise
* Ensure that the necessary infrastructure is inplace and that black belts are trained
* Focuses 100% of his efforts on business improvement
* Has the ability to skillfully facilitate problem-solving without actually taking over a project
* Coordinates and collaborates with the executive managers, and particularly with the champions
* Roles of the black belts
* Lead team on a selected project...
Lire le document complet
Veuillez vous inscrire pour avoir accès au document.