Apple rbv study
Tangible resources (in 2010)
• Financial resources : - Revenue $65.23 Bn - Profit $ 14.01 Bn - Total assets $ 75.18 Bn - Total equity $ 47.79 Bn
• Employees 49 400 employees in the world
• Locations Over 300 locations in the world
• Patents More than 200 patents
• Facilities Many facilities around the world
• Partnerships Many partnerships in different sectors such as music (universal), communication (AT&T), softwares (Microsoft), etc… • Consumer’s loyalty Because of quality, innovation of the products and of course the brand image. • Steve Job’s cult Since he came back in the company, Apple is facing much better time. Steve Job is the « conscience » of the brand. He built a very close and special relationship between Apple and the customer.
• Technologies Presence on different technologies which can potentially allow some synergy or complementarity for future products. • Retail network Developed retailing network through the world which provides a good Information System.
• Organizational competences Apple developped a specialized knowledge in technologies such as computer, mp3 by creating its products. To acquire this knowledge, Apple hired high-level graduated people interested in NTIC so they would benefit from both specialized knowledge and know how and insist on the implication of the employees in the company.
• Functional competences
Apple invested $ 1.8 Bn in 2010 which means an increase of 34% in one year. It uses different facilities at different moment of the process : the US facilities make touch screen and specific products, China is chosen for assembly facilities, Taiwan and Singapore facilities make cameras, circuitry, CPU, and