Q1) why did American films and television dominate world markets? Why might that influence be fading?
The dominance of American films and television over the world markets is merely because of the unequal flow of films, music , television , news and the information, this unbalanced flow of information is however one of the main noticeable reason of the existing dominance of American filmsand television over world markets today.
American films are influential because they are usually made to appeal to large immigrant audience through a universal and entertainment – oriented style, which makes it simpler for diverse international audiences to accept these films, and hence making them have more authority and control over world markets.
Apart from the American films, theproduction of U.S television programs which also take power over the world market, by the MPAA (motion picture association of America), which gives U.S the benefit of an existing international distribution structure. The various different measures and techniques of Hollywood film producers used, Is what makes the American television also very outstanding. Moreover many other countries around theworld found that showing American television programs was much cheaper than the cost of local production, and provided an easy situation to filing schedules, although U.S programs are increasingly expensive they sometimes are not cheaper than the local productions in some countries.
Nonetheless slowly the influence of American films and televisions might be slipping because of the technologycosts for television production which are declining and consequently the experience in producing shows increasing is helping people in other countries to make their own shows. Furthermore once other countries develop television genres that are popular at home and in nearby cultural- linguistic markets, audiences tend to prefer the local programs, and companies now export formats to the UnitedStates, reversing the conventional flow of entertainment programs.
Largely due to the reason of unbalanced flow of information the U.S is dominating the world markets. Although in some countries access to the productions becomes cheaper and hence is more adaptable accordingly as compared to local productions. But with recent decline in the costs of television production many countries worldwide are taking advantage and producing locally keeping in mind that it would be more preferred then by the audiences as cultural – linguistic tastes would be more beneficial and would have an upper hand.
2) In the case of computer anxiety or depression, how does an experimental study differ from an ethnographic study?
• Experimental research studiesmedia effects under carefully controlled situations.
• Typically, one group sees a media presentation that emphasizes one particular type of content.
• Experimental research must be generalizable which refers to the degree to which the results apply to other populations and settings
• Validity is the degree to which research findings and methods reflect thetrue phenomena under study.
• Reliability is the degree to which our methods produce stable consistent results.
• Researchers must provide evidence of both reliability and validity when reporting their results.
• The participants must be randomly separated into the groups so as to avoid error.
• Usually change only one variable in a group to findthe effects that variable has.
In the case of computer anxiety or depression, conduct an experiment where each group watches a video on peoples reactions when using a computer and they mess up something, but change the ending for each group- so one group sees that the people get rewarded and assured that it is not a problem. The other group however sees another ending where the people...
Lire le document complet
Veuillez vous inscrire pour avoir accès au document.