par Jean de La Fontaine
Accès complet et GRATUIT à cette fiche de lecture pour nos membres.
Jean de La Fontaine
1. The novel begins with Janie returning to:
a) the Everglades
b) the graveyard where Nanny is buried
d) Logan Killicks
2. Janie tells her story to:
a) Pheoby Watson
b) Sam Watson
c) Johnny Taylor
d) Logan Killicks
3. Nanny orders Janie to marry:
a) Johnny Taylor
b) Joe Starks
c) Tea Cake
d) Logan Killicks
4. Joe Starks orders Janie to do which of the following?
a) tie her hair up in head rags
b) play checkers with the men
c) gossip with the porch sitters
d) stay at home and let someone else run the store
5. What is the first thing Janie does after Joe dies?
a) calls for help
b) takes off her head rag and lets her hair down
d) calls Tea Cake
6) The townspeople in Eatonville like to tease one of the men (Matt Bonner) about what?
a) his wife
b) his mule
c) his dog
d) his hat
7) What does Joe Starks do when the men in town start mule-baiting?
a) he has them arrested
b) he joins in on the fun
c) he buys the mule and makes it the town pet
8) Joe often speaks contemptuously of Janie’s looks. Why does he do this?
a) he thinks it draws attention away from his own deteriorating condition
b) her looks are really that bad
c) he is simply trying to tease her
d) he is drunk
9) The incident that sparks a fight in public between Joe and Janie is:
a) Janie shows up late for work
b) Joe gets drunk
c) Janie short-cuts a plug of tobacco for a customer
d) Janie sets the town mule free
10) The first time Janie realizes she is black is when she:
a) sees herself in the mirror
b) sees her reflection in the water
c) sees the way others look at her
d) sees herself in a photograph
11) Of the following characters, race matters most to:
b) Tea Cake
d) Mrs. Turner
12) Tea Cake does not invite Janie to the celebration he has for his friends on the railroad because he is afraid:
a) they may not like her
b) she may not like them
c) she will make a fool of herself
d) another man might try to steal her away
13) How does Tea Cake pay for the party for his friends on the railroad?
a) he steals the money from Janie
b) he wins the money at cards
c) he comes into an inheritance
d) he takes out a loan
14) Why does Tea Cake ask Janie to pick beans with him?
a) he is tired and wants to slack off
b) he misses her company
c) too many women in the fields are tempting him
d) he thinks she is being lazy
15) Who gives the first warning that a hurricane is coming?
a) the white folk
b) the workers
c) the Seminoles
d) a man in Janie’s dream
16) What is Janie doing when the wind picks her up and lands her in the water?
a) she is searching for food
b) she is trying to get a piece of shelter for Tea Cake
c) she is running from a mad man
d) she is sleepwalking
17) Where is Tea Cake bitten?
a) the face
b) the arm
c) the hand
d) the back
18) After the hurricane passes, armed men make Tea Cake do what?
a) re-build a bridge
b) go to jail
c) bury the dead
d) pick more beans
19) Why does Janie shoot Tea Cake?
a) he is mad and tries to kill her with the pistol
b) she is jealous
c) she thinks he is a robber
d) she wants to put him out of his misery
20) The judge finds Janie:
a) guilty of manslaughter, but he pardons her out of mercy
b) innocent because she killed in self-defense
c) innocent because she was not in her right mind
d) guilty of manslaughter, and he sentences her to 5 years in prison
Answers: 1) c; 2) a; 3) d; 4) a; 5) b; 6) b; 7) c; 8) a; 9) c; 10) d; 11) d; 12) b; 13) a; 14) b; 15) c; 16) b; 17) a; 18) c; 19) a; 20) bInscrivez-vous pour trouver des essais sur Jean de La Fontaine >