Le zéro et l’infini
par Arthur Koestler
Accès complet et GRATUIT à cette fiche de lecture pour nos membres.
1. How does Jarvis Lorry know Lucie Manette?
a. He is her godfather
b. He is secretly her father
c. He is her uncle
d. He works as a banker for her bank
2. What are the two cities referred to in the title?
a. New York and Paris
b. London and New York
c. London and Paris
d. Paris and Boston
3. How many criminal trials does Charles Darnay face in the novel?
4. What is Sydney Carton’s nickname?
a. The Jackal
b. The Lion
c. The Eagle
d. The Bear
5. Lucie hears a recurring sound when she is in her home. What does she hear?
a. The cries of her father while he was in prison
c. Ghostly moans
d. The jingle of keys
6. What is the generic name by which the Revolutionaries refer to one another?
7. How does Monsieur Defarge know Dr. Manette?
a. They were imprisoned together in the Bastille
b. They are both Revolutionaries
c. They are half-brothers
d. Monsieur Defarge worked for Dr. Manette
8. How does Sydney Carton die?
a. He commits suicide
b. He is executed for crimes he committed
c. He assumes Charles Darnay’s identity and is executed as Darnay
d. He and Charles Darnay duel over Lucie and Carton loses the duel
9. Who is John Barsad?
a. An attorney on Charles Darnay’s defense team
b. A former patient of Dr. Manette
c. Madame Defarge’s lover
d. Miss Pross’s brother, Solomon
10. How does Lucie try to see Charles when he is imprisoned?
a. She stands on the street corner outside of his prison window
b. She asks her father to use his influence with the prison guard
c. She has John Barsad smuggle her into the prison
d. She dresses like a man and gets herself arrested
11. What is Jerry Cruncher’s nighttime hobby?
a. Mugging people
b. Body snatching
d. Peeping Tom
12. What does Gaspard use to write on the wall?
13. Who calls Lucie Manette “my Ladybird?”
a. Miss Pross
b. Dr. Manette
c. Sydney Carton
d. Charles Darnay
14. Which of these characters is an ardent Revolutionary?
a. Madame Defarge
b. Jerry Cruncher
c. Lucie Manette
d. Jarvis Lorry
15. Why does Madame Defarge hate Charles Darnay?
a. She believes his relatives killed her brother
b. They were once lovers
c. He is her estranged father
d. He exploited her financially
16. Why does the mob kill Foulon?
a. He was an aristocrat
b. He helped the Evrémondes commit murder
c. He assaulted Lucie
d. He told starving people to eat grass
17. Why does Darnay initially leave France to go to England?
a. He is a French spy
b. He is fleeing the Revolution
c. He is trying to distance himself from his father and uncle
d. He is in love with Lucie and is following her to England
18. What led to Dr. Manette’s imprisonment?
a. He killed a peasant girl
b. He knew a secret about the Marquis Evrémonde
c. He conspired with the Revolutionaries against the government
d. He stole
19. Why is Charles Darnay acquitted of treason when put on trial in England?
a. Lucie’s testimony
b. Dr. Manette’s testimony
c. Mr. Lorry’s testimony
d. His physical resemblance to Sydney Carton
20. Which two men share an uncanny physical resemblance?
a. Dr. Manette and Monsieur Defarge
b. Marquis Evrémonde and Monsieur Defarge
c. Charles Darnay and Dr. Manette
d. Charles Darnay and Sydney Carton
Quiz Answers: 1. d; 2. c; 3. c; 4. a; 5. b; 6. c; 7. d; 8. c; 9. d; 10. a; 11. b; 12. d; 13. a; 14. a; 15. a; 16. d; 17. c; 18. b; 19. d; 20. dInscrivez-vous pour trouver des essais sur Arthur Koestler >