( What are the benefits for choosing a franchise ?
(What are the steps in starting it ?
I /Theoretical presentation:
What Is a Franchise?(C’est une sous partie)
The franchise agreement is a contract that combines a distribution company, owner of a mark , the franchisor, one or more independent retailers, franchisees.The franchise is not defined by a special legal status: it is a contractual relationship, which for normal operation, must include a number of obligations.
( It ischaracterized by:
- Ownership or right to use the signs of rallying customers by the franchisor: trademark, trade or service, sign, company name, trade name, initials, symbols, logos;- Transmission by the franchisor's experience and know-how to the franchisee.
- The provision by the franchisor to the franchisee of commercial or technical assistancefor the duration of the contract.
( There are three types of franchise:
1) Franchise contracts of service: under which the franchisee provides a service under thebrand of the franchisor.
2) Franchise Agreements production: under which the franchisee makes, itself, as specified by the franchisor, the products it sells under the brand of it.
3)Franchise distribution: under which the franchisee only sells certain products in a store that carries the brand of the franchisor.
What are the benefits? ( Autre souspartie)
For the franchisor
What is the cost of entry in a franchise?
- The right of entry;
- The purchase of a stock of goods (if applicable);
- Getting the local conformity- Fees ( redevance)
How to finance your project?
- Your personal contribution:
- The loans
II/ Case study: Starbucks: