Fair trade is a trading partnership, based on dialogue, transparency and respect, that seeks greater equity in international trade. It contributes tosustainable development by offering better trading conditions to, and securing the rights of, marginalized producers and workers – especially in the South. Fair trade organizations, backed by consumers, areengaged actively in supporting producers, awareness raising and in campaigning for changes in the rules and practice of conventional international trade.
My talk is in two parts. I wll begin byexplaining you the principle of fair trade before representing you stakes of that system.
Part 1 :
fair trade prescribes 10 norms that his supporters as well as the North than the South have to apply intheir job every day. In the case of the members WFTO or from certified groups FLO, different systems of control are in position in order to make sure that these norms are respected.
* Createopportunities for the producers who are economically in situation of disadvantages : Fair trade is a strategy for battle against poverty and for bearable trade. His purpose is to create opportunities forthe producers deprived or marginalized by the system of conventional trade.
* Transparence and credibility. Fair trade consists of the management of transparence and trade relations to make ofdeals with our commercial partners.
* Capacity individuelle. Fair trade is a means to develop workers the autonomy. The organizations of fair trade bring the continuity during which the producersand the organizations of market can ameliorate their capacities of management and their access to the new markets.
* Promote fair trade. The organizations of fair trade have as objective tosensitize their customers as well as the general public in the injustice of the actual commercial system.
* The payment of a fair price. A fair price in a local or regional context is accepted after...