Organizational Theories and Design
Session: Spring 2011
Name : MOULKAF Mohammed Ilyass
The first chapter starts by an example of Xerox Company, a big one, which facedmany problems due to organizational errors. Many reasons are behind this, first of all, Xerox has forgotten that margin is not enough to success; every company should constantly develop new researchesfor better reactivity. Another error is that Xerox wanted to diverse its activities whereas it’s not the best solution, it’s rather a matter of reducing costs, developing new products, profit fromdigital age to be more reactive. Xerox want to bring the change and solve the problem quickly but his try a big failure since it takes more time to have the implication and participation of employees whooften resist to any change. Moreover, the market is uncertain and Xerox must make more efforts to follow its evolution.
All companies are concerned by organization theories. They are open tointernational market and, every day, they have to face many challenges that only good organization can help to solve
* Globalization: Structures should be adapted to the international market which presentmany opportunities (global demand, cheaper resources…) but also more difficulties (competition, complex environment…)
* Ethics and Social Responsibility: Companies should respect ethics and avoidscandals that the public disgust.
* Speed of Responsiveness: Being award that environment is unstable, the competition is increasing, the technologies are advancing, companies assets is no moretangible but it concerns information and people’s competences. To follow those changes, companies should be prepared and able to expect the unexpected.
* The Digital Workplace: That replacedphysical space, allow the company to keep in touch with all its partners and profit from disintermediation.
* Diversity: Globalization leads to multiculturalism; companies should try to benefit from...
Lire le document complet
Veuillez vous inscrire pour avoir accès au document.