Le Roman comique
par Paul Scarron
Accès complet et GRATUIT à cette fiche de lecture pour nos membres.
- After reading A Tale of Two Cities, do you feel that Dickens supported or opposed the French Revolution?
- What role does self-sacrifice play in the novel? What about sacrifice imposed by others?
- Mobs and crowds play a significant role in the novel. Does Dickens ever portray them as doing something positive, or is his portrayal of “mob mentality” always negative?
- Is it important that Monsieur Defarge owns a wine shop?
- Many people suggest that Monsieur Defarge obeys his wife because he fears her; what evidence that Monsieur Defarge fears his wife is found in the novel?
- What are the significant differences between Sydney Carton and Charles Darnay?
- Although not a family member, Mr. Lorry plays a significant role in both the Manette and Darnay families. Explain Mr. Lorry’s relationship with those characters.
- How does Jerry Cruncher’s grave robbing fit into the resurrection theme of the novel?
- How does the final confrontation between Miss Pross and Madame Defarge highlight the differences between the two women?
- There are several revelations about secret identities in the novel. Which one did you find the most surprising, and why?
- Why were people beheaded, even when they had already been executed?