par Jean Racine
Accès complet et GRATUIT à cette fiche de lecture pour nos membres.
1. Holden is a manager for what athletic sports team at the start of the book?
2. What novel is Holden reading when Ackley walks into the room for the first time?
a) The Return of the Native
b) The Great Gatsby
c) Out of Africa
d) A Farewell to Arms
3. Which author would Holden like to call up?
a) Thomas Hardy
b) Eudora Welty
c) Herman Melville
d) William Shakespeare
4. What does Pencey Prep always serve for dinner on Saturday nights?
5. What is the target of a Holden-thrown snowball?
a) Nothing—he just holds it.
b) Old Spencer’s car.
d) His reflection in the mirror.
6. What is the reason Holden gives for not going down to speak to Jane when he has the chance?
a) He cannot find her.
b) He is not in the right mood.
c) He does not really like her.
d) He does.
7. Holden and Jane used to play what game?
8. On a New York City bound train, who does Holden meet?
a) His mother and father
b) The mother of one of his classmates
c) An artist
d) Jane Gallagher
9. Holden’s hotel room at the Edmont looks out on what view?
a) Central Park
b) Grand Central Station
c) Another hotel and the perverts staying there
d) An empty street
10. How do Maurice and Sunny get their extra $5?
a) Holden gladly gives it to them.
b) Maurice steals it without Holden noticing.
c) They say they will let him have more time with Sunny.
d) Sunny takes it out of Holden’s wallet while Maurice has him cornered.
11. What book does Holden discuss with the nuns?
a) Romeo and Juliet
b) For Whom the Bell Tolls
d) Far from the Madding Crowd
12. What makes Holden think to give the nuns a donation?
a) They ask him for one.
b) The straw basket.
c) They are clothed in rags.
d) He sees someone else do it and wants to do the same.
13. What gift does Holden purchase to give to Phoebe?
a) A purse
b) A record
c) A toy dog
d) An umbrella
14. What does Holden really give Phoebe?
a) The rest of his money
b) A novel he has written
c) His hunting hat
d) A picture of himself
15. When his parents get home, where does Holden hide?
a) The bathroom
b) The basement
c) Under the bed
d) Phoebe’s closet
16. Before Holden leaves, what does Phoebe give him?
a) Her Christmas money
b) Her favorite doll
c) A drawing
d) Her notebook
17. What is Mr. Antolini drinking when Holden gets to his house?
b) A highball
18. Why is Holden frightened by the magazine he reads in Grand Central?
a) It is about the end of the world
b) It is full of blasphemy
c) He thinks he has cancer
d) It reminds him of Maurice
19. Where does Holden meet Phoebe after lunch?
a) The park
b) Her school
c) The museum
d) The zoo
20. What does Holden watch Phoebe on at the end of the novel?
a) The carousel
b) The rollercoaster
c) The swings
d) A magic carpet
Answers: 1. b; 2. c; 3. a; 4. d; 5. a; 6. b; 7. d; 8. b; 9. c; 10. d; 11. a; 12. b; 13. b; 14. c; 15. d; 16. a; 17. b; 18. c; 19. c; 20. aInscrivez-vous pour trouver des essais sur Jean Racine >